Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, May 21, 2006

How ya goin'?

First of all, again I love reading your comments and I will try to answer your questions and respond to your post. So check out the past blog postings comment section for replies. Anybody out there know how to answer directly after a comment within the blogger.com format?

Wow, things move fast. I've taken off my watch and feeling total unencumbered by time. It's great.


A few pictures then a couple stories.

Going with smaller pictures for quicker uploading (it took 12 minutes for these):


My "cabin" in Nimbin

Looking directly out the front flap.


The Roche Family Hotel. I stayed on the second floor corner. Yeah, right above the sign to the place! For 28 bucks! The food was great too.


This is Les (he pronounced it lez). He is a "native" Australian and lives just outside of Murwillumba. As you might be able to see on the ground to the left are his wares. Some very nice leather and kangaroo hide work. I bought a cool wallet.

Stories:

About an hour after getting to the Nimbin Rox Hostel I was talking to this 20 y.o. woman, Lynn, from Germany, in the Teepee, who's roommate is Japanese, and she said "Who vould haf thot dat only 20 dase ago I woult be in ze mountens uf Australia, smoking weet all the day vit a japanese man?" A brilliant observation.

I was learning German from this about 5 or 6 y.o. little girl, Anna Ziegler of Germany. She is here with her family (Father, Mother, and 2 y.o. brother) on holiday.

She would say something and I had to mimic her. I don't remember exactly what I said, but according to her parents she was making me say things like, "Miene haren ist brown", I wear glasses, things like this. Then I said okay it's my turn. You say what I say. So I told her to say "The dog is purple." And she says "The dog is people." Perfect! Oh that is beautiful. Much better than what I said. Say it again. She said it again, and again, and again.

I was crying I was laughing so hard. I've got a grin on my face and my gut hurts just thinking about how funny it was. A great family.

7 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least you're messing with the minds of young foreign nationals and not the locals....keep up the work of the ministry of misinformation. Less than 16 weeks for the primary....keeping as safe as time will allow....how the aussies about safety practices....what is smoking Weet all day.
Dale

 
At 5/22/2006 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Nimbin looks like Ellensburg.
Rolling hills, poisonous snakes, tufts of vegetation...hey, is that a cow?

 
At 5/22/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Ben_J said...

you can set blogger to email you postings. From there, I think you can just reply via email.

 
At 5/22/2006 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks nice and green.
What is the temperature? Keep up the interesting Pictures and comments.We Love to hear about it.
Thanks thom
We Love you
M.D

 
At 5/23/2006 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to talk to ya bro. you sound excellent. take care....
Dale

 
At 5/23/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

I hope that that girl didn't teach you too many things from the Frank Zappa albums that her parents had, or you might not be saying "My 'hair' is brown"! And do you really think that other Germans will believe that a little girl taught you to talk like that?

 
At 5/23/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Weet = weed

Coho - definately a cow.

Thanks ben_j!

Mom & Dad - During the day it's wonder ful, about 70+ but last night was cold, about 40. Brrr.

David - I could only hope so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home