Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

G'day From Sydney
My first impressions of Sydney are of a very clean city. You can hardly find garbage anywhere on the ground. Also this is a very cultural diverse city. Walking down the street you can hear the Aussie accent, then Japanese, Chinese, Israeli and Hindi. I really like it here. I can easily see myself living in Sydney it is so beautiful and there is much to do.

Random shot of downtown Sydney. Notice the cultural and architectural diversity.
Hans from Norway, me, and the lovely and talented Debbie from Manchester U.K. BTW if you are from Manchester you are called a Mancurian. Hans is 19 and is a club DJ. He's very bright fellow. Debbie is now two years out of University (in Europe they call it Uni) with a degree in Fashion Design, is a hell of an artist with Acrylic paint on canvas, and is in Sydney doing a kind of trial work program with Sass and Bide Fashion. The 3 of us went to the Sydney Opera House and also the Royal botanical Gardens. 3 can be so much a crowd.

I want to let everyone know that there are so many young people out there traveling the world. Hans has been to Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, Tasmania, Australia, China, South Korea, and Russia. Hostels are full of people his age. The biggest cost is the plane ticket. My suggestion to everyone is to get off your ass, don't spend your money on a car, but save it to travel. My 'round the world ticket cost me $2300. I went past a travel agency this morning advertising RTW tickets for $1777! Once you are on the road it really is not all that expensive. Many hostels (almost everyone that I have stayed in) has a kitchen to keep food costs down so it will not cost you more than say 50 dollars a day and this is in Sydney Australia, a major world city.

Plus there are very few Americans traveling the world. I have only met one other American and he was in Fiji. What gives? Come on out into the world, the air is fine.



9 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thom!

Beautiful photos. I'm enjoying your posts. Keep them coming!

Kelly

 
At 4/27/2006 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your having a great time. Experience of a lifetime.
Love you

 
At 4/28/2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey little brother everyone here at
work loves your blog !!!!Keep it up! They say he's cute who is it ?
Sorry to ruin it for you, but when they here your my brother!!!! they run!!! Glade Debbie Doesn't Know me!! Keep having fun !!!!
Love Ya !
Mary

 
At 4/28/2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your trip is going great - glad to hear it. Enjoy the life down under.
Oh ya, FYI - the freezer is a freezin'.
Take care,
Marla

 
At 4/28/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... cool. You are in Australia already. Time flies. I love the blog and pics. Take care my friend.

 
At 4/28/2006 7:27 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Debbie is Hott!
(Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something about a movie at one of my slumber parties...)

It's probably hard....


You're inspiring a lot of us!

 
At 4/29/2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thom!
Great your having a wonderful time it looks like a real life experience. Miss you and the gars...we'll have one on your return. Stephanie says hello, we enjoy your narratives! Later Dooood!

Dave and Stephanie

 
At 4/29/2006 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. The winds blowin like a muther here!!!!!

Dave and Stephanie

 
At 4/30/2006 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom, enough with the goat....send more blog. I'm addicted. Had fun time at Eric B. birthday...told everyone to log on. I'm going to check on Daisy today and see if Kathy is doing things safely. The pictures are awesome. Mitch at Dakota Cafe misses the morning show.
D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home