Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, April 10, 2006

Fire, Nudity

Last night we, a tour from the hostel, went to Makena beach to go to a drumming circle and fire dance. There are really two beaches there, one called big beach, because well, it's big, and of course little beach. Little beach is where the drumming and dancing was held. This is a clothing optional beach and there were many, including myself, who were showing what god gave them. It is a very nice beach and everyone was very chill. I think little beach is nicest beach that I've been to and I've been to about 10 different beaches so far. Anyway this place was filled with island hippies and tourists and locals.

--This is a picture of little beach I got of the 'net---

As the sun was setting the drums were beating heavy and loud and fast *Bip doodlebob, bip doodlebop, bip doodlebop, bip doodlebop*. Those close to the drumming were waving their arms in the air as if to wave goodbye to the sun. The whole beach was thick with the smell of the ocean, patulli, unwashed hippy, incense, and ganja. As the day turned to night people came into the circle to perform feats with fire. They were twirling batons, and some had a chain with a ball of fire on the end, others had what appeared to be fire fans. Like one would use to keep yourself cool on a hot day or is used in the Orient. Even others were fire breathers. The air was then thick with lamp oil and the heat from the flames washed over me whenever they came near. I have some pictures, and video, but I cannot upload pictures from these computers at the hostile. *sigh*

The people at this event were most friendly. I found a man playing a digeridoo and asked if I could play it. He said it wasn't his, but he would introduce me to the fellow who made it. John lives on Maui and part of what he does to get by is to make Diges for a company called Gundi Arts in Cairns Australia. At this place they will take you out and let you pick the wood to make your digeridoo. I'm going to go here and do this. At least I think so right now. John also told me to tell them "Hang loose from Maui John."

More adventure is outside. I must go and meet it head on.

7 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're cookin' with gas!

 
At 4/10/2006 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! I guess we don't have to worry about you getting bored.
Good for you.
Q

 
At 4/10/2006 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heaven is unpeeling one's onion... peel away my friend and enjoy...heaven.

 
At 4/11/2006 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to big and little beach. That was many year ago and it was clothing optional then! Thanks for the updates!

 
At 4/11/2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on Thommy Show your salomi. I told the radio guys that we're going to EMP on us at the end of the quarter...we'll see if Chris Gets it together. Show nude beach pictures of pretty girls only...
Dale

 
At 4/11/2006 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pics would be good, but please blur out your balls.

 
At 4/22/2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey uncle thom hope your having as much fun as hte pictures look!!! have fun at the nude baeach? oh i know i would.. haha remember if you think shes spunky cover your monkey!!!

love ya
zack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home