Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Aloha Maui, Aloha Oahu and Honolulu


You never know what you've got until it's gone and such as it is with Maui. Once you get into Honolulu Int'l Airport you know you are in a different atmosphere. Whereas Maui is very laid back and cool and rather open. Honolulu is go go rush rush big city and TONS of tourists. I'd say 75% are Asian. It's a crazy mix. I prefer Maui and the cities and towns there over what I have seen of Oahu.

I also said goodbye to my many new friends who I hope to keep for as long as possible. Machteld, Lorein, Frank, Frabrizio, Gerardo, Lizzie, Aaron, Andreas and many of the people who work and make up the Banana Bungalow crew. Good folks there.

I want to thank Clayton A.K.A. pablo for being so generous as to help out a fellow brother of the leaf (I'm talking cigars here). Not only did he pick me up from the airport, but he took me to the hostel to get my room and he showed me the sites and a great place to eat, The Rainbow Drive In. He also gave me an Opus X #2 to smoke while he showed me around. Really, I can't thank him enough. Thank you Clayton!

In other news, Renter Attempts Self Decapitation with Rental Car Door. I hit the fucking top corner of the door as I was cleaning out a bunch of sand. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as it looks, but like with any head wound it bled, and bled, and bled. Plus it happened just before I was about to go to the airport too. Damn, sometimes being tall is tough on ya.


Chicks dig scars, right?

Thanks to all who have been commenting on this blog. It's good to read them. Keep it up. If you haven't posted, well, you've got nothing to lose. So comment away, maybe even start a conversation with someone. Aloha and mahalo.


4 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heee Thom,

So cool to read all this! I just came home from a long, long flight and it's raining!!!! I'll be reading your stories! Have fun!

Machteld

p.s. Can you, if possible, mail me some pictures of the last night...? :-)

 
At 4/16/2006 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's some divot. Have I not said that cars should come with helmets?

 
At 4/17/2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice wound, but we'll have to wait to see if you end up with a scar that chicks can dig. It sounds like you are having a great time. I wish I were with you.

Comet

 
At 4/17/2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maui Brewing co ./Fish & Game took a gold for Coconut Porter & Bronze for Red Cock Dopplebock.
(better watch your words when ordering that one)
Let us know if they are any good.
Q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home