Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, April 30, 2006

No Posts Lately. Been Ill.

I felt really tired and worn down on Friday night after going to the Sydney Aquarium that day with Hannah and Chelsey from Essex U.K. These two are a laugh riot, I kept telling them that they needed to have their own show. They were constantly teasing each other and telling the best/worst stories about each other and then trying to out do the other with who did the worst thing after drinking. Anyway, we got home after being on the go since about 10 AM until 5 PM. We went to dinner and then I went back to the dorm room to lie down. I was beat. About an hour later they come into the room with a burst of laughter and arguing, as they do everywhere, and kept haranguing me to come out and dance with them. No, no, I'm tired and getting a headache. Please, come on, we'll buy the first shout (round of drinks, which you are supposed to reciprocate). Who am I to deny women who want to buy me drinks and dance with me? I'm just not that strong. Needless to say the next day I felt like utter shit. I got some kind of flu. Fever and achey joints, but my appetite is fine. Go figure. I feel better today, but I'm not over it yet. But I couldn't let my blog readers down, now could I? Hannah and Chelsey.
The Sydney Aquarium. A great place to spend the day. At the end of the walk through there is a very large tank with all kinds of fish including sharks, rays, and other big ass fish. It was worth the price of admission.
Believe it or not, but this is a Ford Falcon. These car/truck things are all over the place. I'm surprised Ford hasn't tried to sell these in America again. I like them.
This is my friend Mathias (Mah-tay'-is) of Hamburg Germany. We did quite a bit of traveling around together while he was in Sydney. We first met while in Maui and ran into each other at the Sydney Airport. He is doing a literal around the world trip and his ticket cost him about $2600 U.S.

Regardless of the recent illness I've really been enjoying my stay in Sydney. As soon as I am well enough I plan to either buy or long term rent (they call hire) a motorcycle and tour this big country. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks for all your comments and support it's all really appreciated. Even the ones from Mary. But what are sisters for huh? Love ya Mary!

10 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro
Sounds like no rest got the best of you. Get some!! Glad you are meeting so many new people and having a great time.
Love Ya
Sister Sue

 
At 5/01/2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wind warnings of 60+ MPH. here in E-Burg. The Air aint fit to breath. And You! You lucky dog! Thanks for sharing, we want more details.
Glad to hear it was a short illness. Watch out for the critters, insects, reptiles, & the nasty stuff in the water.
Q

 
At 5/01/2006 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got sick because stuff swirls the wrong way down down under for your north-adapted esophagus. Try standing on your head when you drink, that might work.

Don't forget to keep left!

 
At 5/02/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger npod said...

Crocodile Dundee meets Easy Rider!
Watch out for Dingos!!

 
At 5/02/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Ben_J said...

Have a VB for me! You should try and catch a footy match at the MCG! Truly Amazing! Keep up the blogging.

 
At 5/02/2006 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. We herfed with VFRTwice from Ohio all weekend. Great stuff!

 
At 5/02/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Your friend Mathias from Hamburg looks a lot like my former housemate, Mathias, from Kissing!
I wonder....

And I wonder if you'll ever return after finding all of these gorgeous women all over the world! The 'burg just ain't going to do it for you, now!

Be well, my friend.

 
At 5/02/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho - kind of like the toilets?

ben_j - hi Ben! Thanks for posting. you keep blogging too.

David - I've been thinking the exact same thing. *sigh*

 
At 5/03/2006 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom,
Great to see the blog. Thought you'd like to know that we are taking the radio kids to EMP with our advertising money. Sorry you won't be there. I'll find Paul A. and kiss him on the belly for ya. Ps. How come the pictures of the girls won't get bigger?
Love
Dale

 
At 5/04/2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Dale -- I didn't even know that ANY of the pictures got bigger until now. But that is odd. I don't know what the deal is.

An awesome idea! I love the EMP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home