Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

One Month Ago

I started this journey with some basic ideas in mind and questions I would like to answer about myself.

The 3
What are my passions or am I passionate about?
What direction should I take my life?
What do I desire in life or a career?

A good traveler has no specific destination and is not intent upon arrival.
-Lao Tzu

The only thing that you have to decide is what to do with the time that you are given.
-Bilbo Baggins LOTR movie.

In this month of travel I don't know if I have answered any of the questions but I think about them from time to time. I've given some thought to becoming an educator of some sort. I know that I still have a great deal of passion for radio. I like
triple M. That is a quality station. But other stations I've tuned into are pretty much crap and there are not many to choose from. As far as desire? Besides a good woman, a good job, and a place to call home, I wonder what I desire?

Oh yeah, I decided to just buy the bike with my credit card. Any other way would have been too much of a pain in the ass for me, and the shop. BTW, customer service in this country (and I'm judging the entire country on my experience here in Sydney) is sub par to what I'm used to in The States. You'd think that if I was going to give you 7 grand you'd be doing flips to help me get you the money. But I had to do everything myself and had to practically pull the information from the sales dudes brain about the best way to go about getting them my money. Also there are rarely even close to enough checkers at any grocer. I've only been asked once, during a meal, if everything was alright? But then again, tips are not expected here and when I do tip they are very thankful.

Tomorrow I get the bike from the shop and I begin a whole new chapter of my adventure. I'm a bit nervous about riding on the left side of the road and I'm hopeful that nothing bad happens from me doing an accidental right side of the road thing. *fingers crossed*

8 Comments:

At 5/07/2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't eat any dingo nuggets. Most everyone I talk to who has traveled abroad felt lucky to be an american. They say they gained some appreciation for how we are. Who know's, safe travels buddy.
Dale

 
At 5/07/2006 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at that picture! Damn, I'm so freakin' hot!

 
At 5/07/2006 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put something on the side of the bike that reminds you of what side to drive on.
AWESOME BIKE!

Love Ya
Sue

 
At 5/08/2006 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found a good woman Thom, that's why I'm still in e-ville learnin' kids...

Thanks for the blog link. I'll be telling the kids about your travels (since I have to sensor the site... bad language and SEX!)

Thanks again for the comics, they are still exchanging them (about 6-8 are still seriously swapping).

Miss the morning show. Hope you find your "3". I did.

Kevin
Teacher Guy in e-ville

 
At 5/09/2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom,
Everyone misses the morning show...the station is still where it was....july for the move in. find some more great stations...Kqbe is doing another format change to contemperary 80's.....
dale

 
At 5/09/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Ben_J said...

Can you get a bull-bar on that thing? Watch out dawn and dusk. The hoppers will be out and about.

 
At 5/09/2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure look good on that great Bike. Have a great time but please be safe.
We love you
Dad and Mom

 
At 5/17/2006 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, just watch them round-a-bouts, they tend to keep bme distracted enough to get into the wrong lane when I was in Asia, 10,00 scooters and one nut heading into the wrong lane. haha, only once!!
TB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home