Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm In Nimbin!

Lots to tell you, but I'm at a place where there is only a dial up connection, and they charge $4.50 an hour. Aahh I love you Australia! Anyway I spent the night at a wonderful old Pub/Hotel, The Roche Family Hotel in Grafton. Twenty-eight dollars got me a room to myself, with two beds, a sink in the room, shared toilets and shower stalls, on the top corner with 6 windows of a 1920's/30's old hotel with bay doors opening to the outside wrap around balcony. The guy checking me in is a biker! Thank you Honda!

Now I'm in Nimbin at the Nimbin Rox Hostel and this place is calling out to me. I reinjured my back while Dustin, from Port Maquarie, was showing me some of the Sticky Hands Kung Foo that he teaches and he barely toched me, at least preasure wise, and he moved my back out of alignment. My back hursts. On Friday here, Thursday in The States, I tried to get an appointment with the local chiropractor but they were booked, so i got a homeopathic massage therapist to help me out. i've never had a more theraputic massage. She helped me out a lot. Now I need to get into the Chiropractor to keep on the road to wellness. I will conveles here. Until I feel otherwise.

This is a good place to be for a long time.

6 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great place to be for a long time, and it will seem like longer (about six times longer as I recall...).

 
At 5/20/2006 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool,
Sorry about the back. Everyone said thanks for trip to EMP. 13 of us went. Mostly the seniors, swag, soup, tommy skags, garshee, lo, Squeeks, Jake, then some newbies...pretty cool to see the jimi stuff. I bought an ACDC shirt and one of the profs goes great shirt today....Bon scott is buried just up the road from where i grew up in Perth....I said cool, I have a friend riding a motercycle up the east coast of Australia now....small world...get better and send pictures......
Dale

 
At 5/20/2006 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No good news about the back.
Be careful who you let work on in.
did you get my e-mail
please be safe.
We Love you
Mom and Dad

 
At 5/21/2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man, sorry to hear about your back. Hopefully Nimbin is a good place to chill out in. The job interview went well; I'll know the results in 3-4 days. Take care. Doug

 
At 5/21/2006 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, man, how about a State of the Stogie address to go with that beer report?

Aarree yyoouu eennjjooyyiinngg Nniimmbbiinn??

 
At 5/21/2006 11:39 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho- yeah, about that.

Dale- The EMP thing is great to hear. Well done. Keep checking the blog for photos. Rock on!

Mary- Okay.

Love you too Mom and Dad.

Doug- Thanks man. Best of luck to you. "Sending positive vibes out to you from Nimbin." ;)

Coho- stogies are really no different here that what you can get in the states. At least I haven't seen them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home