Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Friday, May 11, 2007

It's Finally Friday

Still no word, at least as I type this blog report on whether or not I got the NWPR gig. I was
told "You will know by Friday (May 11th) at the very latest. Probably, almost definitely before Friday." Well, here it is. Friday. 2:30 P.M. and no call...yet. At the risk of saying bad things and regret it later, I will shut up for now and criticize or vent at a later date.


Somewhere on Hwy 14, Mt. Hood in the distance

My Mom says (Hi Mom!) that the reason it is taking so long is because "they" are not sure if they want to hire me because I lack public radio experience, even though they know that I could learn their style, or go with someone who would need less training or has more experience in that field. We'll see.

If this gig falls through, and I hope it does not, then I'm taking off and heading to Portland to find my fortune there. I like Portland. Come to think of it everyone I have talked to about moving to Portland all say "I like Portland" but none of them live there, except for my friend Doug (Hi Doug!) who is really loving living there and is more than willing to help me out in any way needed. So life is interesting, which is better than the opposite, and I am happy despite this strange position I find myself in. But whatever happens, Dazey stays with me.


I'm willing to make many sacrifices to keep my dog. I was without her for, what, nine months? I do not want that to happen again. Unless I have to. But I don't want to have to.

4 Comments:

At 5/11/2007 11:41 PM, Blogger npod said...

It sounds like these are people without a deadline for filling this position. That's my theory.

-Noah

 
At 5/12/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

How could you go to Australia without Dazey? What did you do on those "Three Dog Nights" when your only dog was on another continent?

You've mentioned Japan's special appeal too. If NPR says "next time" then would you consider showing me the in's and out's of touring Japan?

 
At 5/14/2007 5:46 PM, Blogger Thom said...

David - Japan is a very interesting country and I will help you all I can. But I'm heading to some other country where I've never been.

 
At 5/15/2007 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only get to go to really exotic foreign countries... like... Canada.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home