Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

YES!

Today I got very good news. I called up the program director of NWPR (Hi Mary Hawkins) to ask about the status of my resume. We chatted for a bit about the recent NWPR pledge drive, which went well in many ways but they did not get to their monetary goal. Dang. But she says I guess you've called regarding the Weekend Edition Host job? Yes. Yes I am. Well they want to interview
me! You read that correctly. I will be interviewed by telephone for Northwest Public Radio! I am so excited that, I, I, I... *sigh* I really want that job. You have no idea, or maybe you do, but it would be huge for me. But not just for me but also for my family and friends. I like to think that all of you who read this blog are rooting for me to get a radio job and that when I do get a full time job in radio that you are there with me. Or, in this case, you are with me to not only do the best interview that I possibly can and hopefully they like me well enough to HIRE ME.

If you are reading this I could really use your positive energy, prayers, or whatever it takes to help me get this job. Not only will you be helping me to get a full time job, you will be helping me start on a lifelong career serving the public and to have a job that I literally dream of having. Crap. Now I'm getting nervous.

On to other things, I saw my very good and lifelong friend i10d2bs, aka Steve, aka Cathy Lakey.

Jake (Steve's son), i10d2bs (Steve) & Thom at a hotel in Richland WA.

I hadn't seen Steve in about 10 or more years. Much has changed in those years, but we call each other periodically to keep in touch. Some times the call lasts a few minutes, but mostly they last an hour or more. That night when I arrived we had some fun.

We started out drinking a few beers, then we went to dinner and had a few drinks, then we went back to the hotel suite and had a whole-oh-my-god-how-much-did-I-drink bunch of drinks. I don't remember (ha) the last time I drank that much. Steve was still drunk until about noon
the next day.


That next morning Jake was telling us how he couldn't sleep because we were acting like a couple of Junior High kids. Steve had called his girlfriend (?) at about 3 in the morning, and he kept putting the phone in front of my mouth wanting to say something to her. So I came up with "a finger there, and a little pinch here, and then a little oooh yeah. " We must of done that 10 times. It was funny. Steve couldn't hold his laugh in, he was snickering or outloud laughing the whole time. Good times Lakey. Always good to see you my friend. We need to keep our meetings shorter than every decade. Okay?

5 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Thom!!! Sounds like you're having fun. Angie and I will definetly send positive wishes your way.

-Noah

 
At 4/05/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

CONGRADULATIONS: you're on the lineup!

Go get 'em!

 
At 4/06/2007 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thom - It was great to sort of meet you the other night. Was the phone sex as good for you? "a finger there, and a little pinch here, and then a little oooh yeah." HA! It's nice to see that you are exactly the way Steve has discribed you over the past couple of years. It's so cool that you guys were able to get together while you were in town...what timing! I can't wait to meet you in person some time. Take care and best of luck to you..."Globes"

 
At 4/06/2007 4:19 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Thanks Noah and David. One more thing down. It's all up to me now.

Globes - HA! We were so drunk I didn't even give it much of a thought until Jake talked about it in the morning. Thanks for reading and posting, it's appreciated.

 
At 11/19/2007 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job interview n stuff, Hope you got it, I'm really actually curious about Steve/Cathy Lakey though.

Because, well my name was once Cathy Lakey and I don't believe I live real far away from you.In the photo.. which one was he? Does he attend his family reunion?


Again, CONGRATS ON THE JOB INTERVIEW - I'll have to check out some of your other posts now n see if you got it :O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home