Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Long Delay Short Reply

Here is what is going on in my life:

I am staying with my sister and her husband in Selah (Hi Sue, Hi Randy) and I've got 3 jobs going on right now and only one of them is radio related. I'm still working at Macy's, I'm selling ads for my brother Scott's publication of Coffee News, and also doing in-studio trainable monkey work for basketball, football, and baseball games at the Clear Channel group of stations here in Yakima - it's a good thing that I'm a trainable monkey. I'm still seeing Elise and we are getting along very well. I wish many times that I was out there in the big world traveling uninhibited and free from the worry and stress of daily living. Travel is so much more fun and exciting. But I'm enjoying myself as much as possible and playing with Dazey and being the dude that I am. Yeah, right.

7 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the radio gig and the pretty young girl. I hope all is well with you.

Comet

 
At 2/09/2007 1:11 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

I'm expecting my midlife crisis to hit me like a brick to the head.

But in my dull moments I find looking at great photographs helpful: http://flickr.com/photos/davidballromney/favorites/show/

You're swimming in cream and will soon find yourself on an island of butter, upon which you may rest or from which you may leap!
: )

 
At 2/10/2007 12:09 AM, Blogger coho said...

At your age, an island of butter could be dangerous. Maybe you should consider climbing onto a rice cake.





Oh, yeah? Same to you, buddy.

 
At 2/11/2007 11:10 AM, Blogger npod said...

Rock on little monkey!

 
At 2/12/2007 3:37 PM, Blogger Barkernews said...

Dude,
I used to live in Yakima.
I got outta there as soon as I could.
Now that I'm gone, I wish I'd appreciated the access to the outdoors. But then again, I got paid $15,000/year... so I couldn't afford to go anywhere anyway.
Good luck!
And great blog!

 
At 2/16/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Thom said...

David - Thanks for the props man.

barkernews - Yakima can be like a black hole, but I have found some great people who are positive on Yakima and are doing their best to make it a better place to live.

Steve - We've got the plastic sheeting at the ready.

 
At 3/02/2007 10:46 PM, Blogger npod said...

The Funkdaddy and Funkmomma miss Thom. Hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home