Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Welcome To Macy's

I got the Macy's gig. Man, they must really need people because they didn't even ask for a face-to-face interview. I got a call from Teresa, who led the group interview, and she said thart I was being offered a short term holiday job, which will only last until the end of the year if I wanted it. Of course I said yes. Then she asked if I could come in this Friday evening for orientation and of course I said yes.


Then the next day, after the job offer, I got another call from, I don't remember his name exactly it was Tyler, Trevor, or Travis, something like that, who asked if I could get to the store to do "the paper work". Sure, how long will it take? About an hour, he said. Okay, how about if I come in at 3:30 before orientation at 5? That will work I may need to go and find him in gift wrapping.

12 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Thom said...

I don't know what a "thart" is, but I'm keeping it.

 
At 11/17/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't it a fart with a lisp? congrats.

Comet

 
At 11/17/2006 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what ah inspirational post (not).. good grief what if I end up in make up? marie

 
At 11/17/2006 11:15 PM, Blogger Thom said...

comet - That's pretty funny

marie - It's called "cosmetics". I'm looking forward to the job.

 
At 11/18/2006 7:31 AM, Blogger buffy said...

DUDE, retail at christmas time? you've been talking about reality checks, and i bet this will end up being one of those.

 
At 11/18/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

I expect them to want to keep you forever, that they will want to give you rapid promotions and lots of them, because you're tall, educated, handsome, and have social couth.

At that point, I'll ask you for a job. And at that point, you will laugh at me. But we will still be friends!

 
At 11/18/2006 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you're back in the grind, does that mean the "real life" things like heading to SIMS in two weeks will not be our first meeting? Or have you already asked for that day off? Motorcycles or Macy's - decisions - decisions.............

 
At 11/20/2006 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the first day? Saturday after thanksgiving? Your mom will not like it if you have to work!
Yes we will all miss you! Are you going away for Christmas?
Love ya Mary

 
At 11/21/2006 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's right Thom, I can be a cosmomaunt in cosmology...

What Macy's can we find you lurking in?

:)

peace, marie

 
At 11/21/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Hi Buffy. It's good to see you posting here, and yes it already is.

David - Pre-diction.

Gerald - It comes down to commitments. I committed to Macy's that I would work any day. It was part of getting the job. So it goes.

Mary - Good. Yes. I know. Me too. I WISH!

Marie - Store #021 in Union Gap, WA.

 
At 11/21/2006 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said you would work any day except the day of the bike show...right?

 
At 11/22/2006 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have given you one day off for the bike show, of course not the day I was going, but a day all the same.

Comet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home