Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thoughts, thawts, thots

Here I am. Waiting for something and someone special to show up in my life.


The whole job thing; what is my goal there? I just can't go into radio and expect things to happen. I have to make them happen. So that requires a goal. Floating aimlessly is just that. What do you want your objective to be Thom? Make it a big one. Think big, act big, and you will be big. Or is being small okay with you? Is a year so long to spend in a foreign country? I dunno. I have only found countries where I would like to only spend a few months... including the U.S.


Is my next job a means to an end? Like gathering enough money in order to travel again? Is travel my main objective? No. Career is next... and radio is that career. So what to do with the radio career? That is the next step. Be in management, or programming, how about a music director, or is it to be the person behind the microphone? I like that Idea. The communicator. Yeah, behind the microphone.


In what capacity? Howard Stern-esque? Whom I think is a fine example. Small town, small time? Big city, big time? Can you be small town, big time? Or big city, small time? The big ideas are; what is my goal, and then how will I achieve it? Whichever both of these are, you can bet that I will go after them with great gusto.

10 Comments:

At 10/26/2006 1:53 AM, Blogger Eddie Kirkpatrick said...

Sounds like you had an unforgettable trip around the world. I would love to do that. How many countries did you go to in all? What a blast!

 
At 10/26/2006 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still in Seaside? I notice you still haven't got that haircut. Me either. You know how to get a hold of me if you want to visit.

Comet

 
At 10/26/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Nina said...

plans, goal orientation, activity, making things happen? yay! this is exactly what my MA project is going to be about.

 
At 10/26/2006 4:32 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

F.B.I. -- friends, brothers, in-laws

I've heard that execs like to hire those who will be part of their FBI, their network.

You have done something that usually only wealthy, highly educated people do. Now, you apparently experience an identity crisis.

"The Brass Ring" is closer to your grasp now, if you're reaching high, because you have a lot to say to "them".

 
At 10/26/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger coho said...

Cool, you're going to be a case study for Nina! I wonder if that comes with a stipend?

Steve, MLK?!

 
At 10/27/2006 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the conundrum of life. If you are smart, you may have too many options. If your a bit dim, there are too many options. Or none. Leaps of faith are made of these.
Peace
Dale

 
At 10/27/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Eddie - If you count Hawaii, and I do, 7 countries in all. Hawaii, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Japan.

Comet - The funny thing is I DID get my hair cut!

Nina - Hello. I like your blog. My name is Thom. Let's be friends.

Steve - I remember the "Icebreaker" game. You put a dude on the squares and you chipped away at the ice hoping the other players dude would fall in first. Good times, good times.

David - More to think about...

Coho - Hey Nina! Meet Coho. Coho meet Nina. Coho would like to talk to you about a contract. ;)

Dale - True dat, mo-fo.

 
At 10/27/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Nina said...

Hello my name is Nina and you don't want to be my case study. I become a despotic little person when I do any kind of research. But we can be friends:)

 
At 10/30/2006 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse the anon status but I have not got a blog (yet!) I just wanted to say - I relate. I am a 42 yr old woman (single) living in London, UK. I spent my 30's travelling the world. Learning to trust my gut.'Interesting' is the adjective I'd use to describe what's it's like re-entering 'the system'. I'm still stalling ;-)
I will start a blog. Yer, I will!
Keep the guts fluttering.;-) Sx

 
At 10/31/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger buffy said...

Your life sounds exciting- like one of those "it could go either way" kind of things. I'm sure the grass is always greener, but I envy your freedom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home