Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Saw Dazey

Dazey and I just before I went on my journey... I'm on the right.

I had to leave Dazey with someone while I was on my 6 month Journey. Kathy and Jerry and their Daughter Karli were kind enough to take Dazey into their home. They had already been dog-sitting her whenever I went on a short trip, but this was a much longer commitment.

They have a very nice home with property big enough for a couple horses, a couple dogs, about 4 cats, and they used to have sheep too. A great place for my dog. Any dog, really.


Since I do not have a home, or a job, getting my dog back, no matter how much I miss her was not in the plan for a while. I figured that if I went to see Dazey then I would miss her even more because I would only be able to see her for a short time and then go away again, and that just isn't fair. But Kathy and Jerry are also storing my motorcycle for me (damn I've got some great friends!) and so I had to go to their house to get the bike for a trip with Coho, and well, I also really wanted to see Kathy and Jerry, but that also means that I would have to see Dazey.

On the roof of a temple in Kyoto, Japan

The time comes and I go to K&J's home. I go inside "Hellooo?" I hear Dazey bark. Than a, "Hey..." Jerry is home. I get down on one knee and start calling Dazey. She comes to me and does her usual glad to see you wimper. I pet her and pet her and grab her in my arms, she's a small dog, and tell her how much I missed her. I really missed
her.

After a while I put her down, and we all go outside to get my bike out from it's slumber. Dazey slinks off and goes and lays down on her bed. Jerry calls her, but she ain't budgen. Just laying there, looking sad. So I call her, nothing. Jerry calls her again and this time she gets up to come with us outside.

We get the bike out from the covers. The battery has been on a charger the whole time I was gone and the bike fires right up. Sweet. I take the bike out to get it cleaned up a bit and get it ready for a trip.

Jerry has things to do, so he takes off for a while and I do my best to get back into good graces with my dog. Dazey is acting like she is glad to see me, but is reluctant to really stay next to me. So I sit down on the ground and call her over and I just pet her, and talk to her, and just be with her. She eventually lays next to me and I continue to pet her and tell her what a good dog she is, and all those things you tell your dog.
Hotty cigar sales gal at "The Cuban Corner" in Pattaya, Thailand

A little while later I find some dog treats and get Dazey to do a few of her tricks (she knows a lot of 'em), like "twirl around", "shake", "catch the bisquit off her nose". Then I ask her if she wants to get brushed? Dazey gets a little excited because she looooves getting brushed out. So I get the brush and sit in a chair and Dazey jumps up into the chair with me,
which is not how we used to brush, and lays down on my lap *cue the aaaaahhhhh* aaaaahhhhh. I brush her and talk to her and then Jerry comes home.

I get the bike and stuff ready and then I need to move my car out of the way, so I have the car door and the trunk open and I'm putting stuff in the truck, and Dazey jumps into the car, and then into the passenger seat with this look like "We going home now Thom?" Talk about a heart wrencher. So I let her sit in the car and I only move it about 25 feet or so, and then we get out of the car and I have to put my gear on to leave.


Jerry grabs Dazey and I say my goodbyes to them both and head out for another adventure, while my dog must stay with my good friends and I could see that Dazey was not taking her eyes off of me.

I miss my dog.

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two of you are so cute!!!
The one on the left is sooooo cute!
Great to you with your baby, it made me get a big smile, and a few goosebumps!
See Ya Soon!
Love ya Mary

 
At 10/11/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

There are many ladies who would wish that their husbands treated them so nicely!

 
At 10/25/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger buffy said...

I like that you specified which one is you in the picture of you and Dazey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home