Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Big Deal

**I am currently in Yakima, WA, USA***

First I want to thank Coho, Comet, Toast, and Mary for putting me up for a couple nights or a few nights as the case may be. I have the best friends and a great family!


Fall colors in Montesano, WA.

The question that I am asked the most is, "Which country did you like the most?" At first it took my a while but I had such a great time in Japan and I met some really good friends there too, that it had to be my favorite. But New Zealand is a close second with so much to do and see and I think you get very good value for your travel dollar in that country.

People also ask me which country I would recommend for them to travel to. My answer is, of course, go to Japan. But if this is your first time traveling abroad go to New Zealand. The people are nice, the food is good, and they speak English, plus it's a really great country. Go, go, go.


Toast and his daughter Julia near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge

After almost 3 weeks of being back "home" things are getting a bit strange for me. I need to find a job, fairly soon because the money won't last for too much longer, although I did plan for this and do have a bit of money in what I call "the re-establishment fund" out of the money I got from selling my house. I also need to find a place to live.

So the big question is, do I find a nice place to live and then try to get back in to radio, or do I find a job in radio and live wherever that job may be? Right now I am leaning toward finding a nice place to live, get a job or jobs to get by on, and then pursue the radio career. Because when I get right down to it, I really only want a radio gig, at least right now, in Northwest America.

Comet at the Fiber Festival in Montesano! -no he does not knit or loom or sew.

I could also get a job in one of the countries that I visited. It is becoming Spring and soon summer in Australia and New Zealand and there will be plenty of job opportunities in the tourist industries in those countries. Or I could teach English in Japan for a while. They need English teachers and they do not care if you speak Japanese. Actually they probably prefer that you don't.

I plan to go on a nice long motorcycle ride with Coho (Hi Coho) and a bike ride is always a good way to go about a big think. It's just you, your bike, the road, and your thoughts.

2 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom,
Great to see you the other day. You look great. Best of luck on the tour an on the radio gig. See ya
Dale

 
At 10/11/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Thom, I have an idea for a 'movie' involving you going back to Japan to teach 'American English' to the girls...

Would you consider being the star?

:+)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home