Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

America!

I made it to America just fine. I hate to say it, but I have flown a lot in the last 6 months and by far the worst service that I have had on an airplane was my flight from Narita Airport in Japan to SeaTac, Seattle Washington, USA. It was an N.W.A. flight NW6.

First there was a beverage service, and then they handed out pretzels, and then a hot moist towelette. A paper towelette. Not a real towel, like every other airline does. Plus it came after the food. Not before. So you have dirty hands before you touch your food. Plus the fat ugly cow of a stewardess was not very good at all. She would hold out the cup waiting for you to grab it instead of placing it down on the tray table.

We only got 3 beverage services. This is an 9 hour flight and you need lots of water and you need to get up and about many times to keep the blood pumping and your ass from falling asleep. On the other flights they serve water and juice many times during the flight. They serve it so ofter you don't want any more, but it makes you have to pee so it also gets you moving around to go to the toilet. Not on this flight. It sucked. If I am paying a thousand dollars for a flight the least they can do is give me more water since I can't bring my own on to the goddamn plane!!!

Seattle is a lovely city. Also in America, based on Seattle, is that there are many different colored people. You see someone who looks African, or Asian, or South American, but they speak to you with a Seattle accent. Also I was walking down the street and heard conversations in Yiddish, French, and I think Iraqy. So very different from other cities in the world. Also, when you go to another country, the person driving the bus is an Australian, or Thai, or Japanese, but in America the people look like they are from different parts of the world but they speak perfect American English.

The people in America are really big. Even bigger than the people of Australia. Not just fat (the fattest person I have seen on my travels so far was in Seattle, she had to go sideways through the door) but just plain bigger, taller, broader. Just big.

The next time I post I hope to have some pictures for you. I hope to have some taken from the Space Needle.

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Thom! When will you be in the burg?

Marla

 
At 9/23/2006 12:37 AM, Blogger coho said...

Steve!!! - Good to hear from you my friend! I hope all is well with you wherever you are. Oh, and thanks for reading I plan to keep posting for a long time.

Marla - I don't know when I will be in the Burg. I need to go see my family in Yakima and then I will be in the Burg. A week? 10 Days? ??

 
At 9/23/2006 12:40 AM, Blogger coho said...

That was me, Thom, who typed the previous messages and this one. I'm at Coho's home he signs into the blog automatically.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home