Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Friday, August 25, 2006

Pictures From Japan

My new friend Brain. He is letting me stay at his home and I only know him from the cigarbid.com forum. He is one helluva guy. Plus he gave me cigars to smoke. Wow.

I love the toilets here. Although there are still squat type toilets in public areas these type clean you up without wiping. Just a nice warm shot of water until clean. Awesome.

I do not know the name of this building but it sure is cool looking.

Pepsi Nex is all the rage around here. It tastes like diet but a little different. Plus in vending machines soda comes in these cool oil can kinda things.

This is the very pretty Yuka. She is an elementary teacher and was a lot of fun to talk to on the Shinkansen (bullet) Train from Shin-Yokohama to Tarumi, where I am now. I asked her out for coffee the next time I come to Tokyo, where she lives. Starbucks are e v e r y w h e r e.


At an Imported Groceries shop. It is funny to think that what we find in stores every day is actually an import in Japan. That was a reallity check.

Thank you blogger for allowing me to upload picutres today. Good job!

7 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 1:16 AM, Blogger npod said...

How fast is a bullet train? More strange bathroom stuff please. Any weird cars there? Sounds like your enjoying Japan! "ohio"...I think?

 
At 8/26/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger coho said...

You look less pinheaded today.
Musta just been the angle of the photo.

$1.25 for that haircut? You got robbed.

 
At 8/27/2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlike Noah, I feel that you shared way too much about how intrigued you were with the warm water. That's a great buck twenty five haircut. I know a perfectly good fat guy you can smoke cigars with right here. Great pictures. Is everything new? Have you seen anything as quiet as Nimbin?
Dale

 
At 8/27/2006 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, Thom. Nice.

Hey, if you're ever in NYC, you have a place to crash.

ryan

 
At 8/28/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger coho said...

Hey, if he's Brain,
does that make you Pinky?

(narf)

 
At 8/29/2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Remember when I ordered the Toto Washlet toilet video? I will have one of these fine machines one day. Glad you're doing good. I'll be in Nippon next year; can't wait! Blew out my front tire on my bike at 60mph. Wasn't fun, but I kept it up. I put an Avon on and now I'm much happier!

Doug F.

 
At 8/30/2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Doug F. You need to contact Coho. He is a 2 wheeling fiend. and friend.

Noah - The bullet trains can run up to 200 MPH. When you are on a slower, say commuter, train and one of those goes by it shakes the whole train with a whooooosh!

Dale - Japan is a surprisingly very westernised culture. Not everything is new, but until you get used to a place and tyring to figure out where to go and how to get there, it all seems so strange that you want to stay in your hotel room, but you have to eat sometime and room service is waaaay expensive.

Ryan - I will take you up on that some day. Hopefully sooner rather than later. If I can do Bangkok and Tokyo, I can do NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home