Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm On Koh Samui

Lamai Beach on Koh Samui


I made it to the island of Koh Samui, which is just jam packed full of tourists from Europe. Mostly from Russia and Italy, and one American, me.

Since my last post I went to the Pahd Thai Cookery School and got my certicifcate of completion. We cooked up some Pahd Thai, Green Curry soup, Spring Rolls, Chicken with Cashew Nut, Prawn in coconut milk, and Mango with sticky rice. It cost me 800Baht or $20 for a 9 hour cooking course, and we got to eat everything we made. I was stuffed by the end of it all.

Me at Pahd Thai Cookery School. I dun grad jeeyated.

The instrutors were very fun and laid back and always cracking jokes. Like when they were showing us the different types of vegetables that go into Thai cooking we came across Galangal, which is sort of like ginger but not, and she called it "Get rid of honey." Why? "Because you eat just a little bit of this and you will burt and fart so much your will get rid of your honey."

Prawn in coconut milk. I made it.

5 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Tasty, Have you seen any places where the tsunami hit? You look good...abit like a dork...but good.
love
dale

 
At 8/16/2006 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! So when you get back are you cooking up a Thai feast for us?

Marla

PS - I agree with Dale

 
At 8/16/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger coho said...

Does this mean I have to fly thousands of miles and debug somebody's email now?


Vote Hubbard!

 
At 8/16/2006 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, He's going to move away....just like Doug and feed other people..too whiney??...I agree with Marla and Coho
Dale

 
At 8/16/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Dale - Thanks, I think. But dorkiness is the standard package. Can't seem to upgrade. But no I did not make it to that side of thailand. Just the gulf, which was unaffected.

Marla - I'll cook if you buy all the ingredients and beer. Deal?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home