Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pictures Day *Oh boy! Pictures!*


Me in the presence of The World's Largest Glass of Beer. At Sullivan's Irish Pub in downtown Christchurch. I'll never be the same again. Mmmmm beeeer.

The incredible Pancake Rocks of Punakaiki (Poo-nuh-ki-key)

Sun set at the Pancake Rocks of Punakaiki

Ha ha, I love this sign. A clear warning sign for bicycles just before a one lane bridge (lots of one lane bridges in N.Z.) used by cars and trains.


Sunrise in Queenstown N.Z. looking out my hotel window.

Same morning sunrise in Queenstown N.Z.

This was somewhere along the West Coast Highway of New Zealand. I had picked up a hitchhiker a few Kilometers back and as we turned the corner he, Deiter of Germany, said "Whaaaaat??!!" He was completely amazed. New Zealand is full of views like this.

Stopped at this crazy place in Wanaka N.Z. called "Puzzling World" some really crazy stuff here. I am actually standing level (check out the yellow levels on the wall)

6 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger coho said...

1.)Does the little glass in the case with the big glass have a story, biggest shot glass in the world?

2.)Mmm...pancakes.

8.)You always look kinda slanty.

Cali photos coming soon, I got new tires today.
Peace, meng.

 
At 7/21/2006 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics, Thom! The scenery there looks absolutely amazing. Happy trails,
Marla

 
At 7/21/2006 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. You're outa there on Monday. Safe travels
Dale

 
At 7/21/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oGreat pictures. I'm glad your being safe Thom, Now you best be safer on your next stop OK?
We Love you Thom
Mom-Dad

 
At 7/21/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho - I don't know the significance of the smaller glass. I'll guess that it was the first glass to have some of the beer from big glass siphoned into it. You can see the siphon rolled up behind the big glass.

Mom - I'm going to live dangerously.

 
At 7/21/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho - I don't know the significance of the smaller glass. I'll guess that it was the first glass to have some of the beer from big glass siphoned into it. You can see the siphon rolled up behind the big glass.

Mom - I'm going to live dangerously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home