Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Picture Pictures Pictures

Happy 4th!

Since I haven't been able to upload for a while here is a bunch of photos for you. (BTW I'm currently in Dunedin and just went on the Cadbury Factory tour. Actually it was kind of boring. If it weren't for the free chocolate I wouldn't have gone.)



Downtown Christchurch. I like Christchurch.

The road out of Christchurch on my way to Gerladine and Mt. Hutt.

Mt. Hutt Ski Area

I forgot to mention that I did try to go skiing on the Saturday of my arrival but it was 1:30 P.M. when I got to the top of the hill and when I found out it would cost me about $200 (NZ) for rental equipment and then I found out that the hill closes at 4:00 so I figured that I would only get about an hour and a half worth of skiing in if I hurried and got my equipment on. So I decided that I would come back in the morning. But as things go while traveling, the road called to me and I went on to Mt. Cook.

Mt. Cook and the road leading to it. Ahh inspiring...


Outside the window of my room at the Mt. Cook YHA. I don't know if you will be able to see how blue the ice is, but check out the glacier just up of the first vertical post on the fence/rail.


The Amazing Jumping Corolla and another standard amazing New Zealand view, taken somewhere along the highway to Dunedin.

Taken at a view point on the opposite side of the river of the town/city/place of Cromwell (I didn't stay or go into the town).


Metal sculpture along the highway. I miss my motorcycle!

Lake Otiago and surrounding mountains.

The city of Dunedin as seen from the inside of The Amazing Jumping Corolla.

I don't know how long I will stay in NZ but I am looking into the whole work visa thing right after I finished doing this blog stuff.





9 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 1:25 AM, Blogger coho said...

MMM...extreme scenery. Is there anything New Zealand can't do?

 
At 7/05/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger npod said...

Very awesome pics! whats jumping car you speak of?

 
At 7/05/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Thom looks cold compared to our 100. Thanks for the call. And a rock would be way cool!!
Love Ya!! Mary

 
At 7/05/2006 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.s. ou must go to Thiland And Japan, If you don't you will never forgive yourself!So stop being a whip you have already gone this far why not?
ENJOY LIFE!!!
Mary

 
At 7/05/2006 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like heaven

Speaking of heaven,sadly Chrissy Warnocks son Justin Norton was killed in action in Iraq on June 24th. We are all heartbroken to say the least. Scholarship donation info (his 'if something happens to me request') can be found at www.justinnorton.net Please everyone consider giving to it... every penny helps sooth the pain.

Play hard, count blessings and zoom... the mountains look like magic. Peace, Marie

 
At 7/05/2006 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures Thom.Be adventurous.We trust you judgement
Oh Aunt Dian said they went to Japan and had no trouble.There always seem to be a child around that could speak english and help you find your way.Just don't stay long
We Love you
MOM-DAD

 
At 7/06/2006 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't coho ask the obvious....have you found old Zealand.....$200 bucks just to rent gear.......ouch! You never said anything about sending, or bringing rocks home....Do they have basalt? I seem to be fresh out of basalt.
Dale

 
At 7/07/2006 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks amazing there! Snow, what a concept. Hope you've gotten to do some skiing. Not too many North Americans can say they've skied in July...
We missed you at the July 4th Bieker-bash - good friends & fireworks, a tastey keg of Iron Horse and nothing burned down- I'd call it a success.

Take care and Happy trails,
Marla

 
At 7/07/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho - If there is something that New Zealand can't do, well by gum, I sure haven't seen it not do it.

Noah - See Comet's comment from June 28.

Mary - If I'm being a "whip" what does that make YOU?! Huh? Huh?

Dale - Old Zealand retired a couple years ago. New Zealand is so much fun and way more hip. + I'll see how much basalt I can fit into The One Bag.

Thanks Mom! I will.

Marie - So sorry to hear the bad news. We all hope that sacrifices made now are for a better future for our and their country. Peace will prevail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home