Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm In Murwillumbah

Just to let you know where I've been the last couple of days. Stayed at the Imperial Hotel on Main Street. $25 for a room with shared toilets and showers. By shared I mean they all the facilities have their own stall and changing area, but multiple people can use the room at a time. The bed was comfy and meals in the bistro are around $10 so I stayed 2 nights. But now I'm headed north up to Brisbane, but probably won't make it for a day or two.

8 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 2:16 AM, Blogger coho said...

Good to see you back on the road, I thought you might put down roots in Nimbin (Though I can think of several reasons why you might want to...)

Ride safe, my brother. Keep left.
Zimbabwe...Bork!

 
At 6/16/2006 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thom,
Great picture of the eastern most point of Australia. You sound great...I lost the address for the jazz festival....if you get a chance...what a great Idea. take buddy. The campaign is going well..I'll try to get some pictures of my signs....take care
Dale

 
At 6/16/2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how the hell do you pronounce that joint?

Marla

 
At 6/17/2006 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mer...willam....bah....
Dale

 
At 6/17/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger coho said...

Mu(r)-LOOM-ba?

Weekend off
North Cascades Highway beckons.
No blobs on radar.
You ride safe.
I go now.


Today's security word is "qcsgslip".

 
At 6/17/2006 1:09 PM, Blogger coho said...

Hey, where's my orange compression sack...?

 
At 6/19/2006 12:10 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Mur-will-oom-baw. Accent on the oom.

 
At 6/19/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Thinking about this Murwillumbah some more, people all around the area pronounced it differently. In Mullumbimby they say it Muh-woomba. I didn't think we were talking about the same town, and it's only about 20 km away. While in Beaudesert this elderly lady was very adament that it was pronounced Mur-WILL-umbuh. But the Murwillumbah locals say Mur-will-OOM-baw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home