Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Greetings From the Top Of Mt. Warning Nat'l Park!



It took two and a half hours to get to the top of this mountain but you were rewarded with the highest Easterly point in Australia. I was told that many people come up to the top of this mountain and spend the night in order to watch the sun rise. This picture was taken facing West (me facing East). Just beyond my left shoulder you can see Byron Bay, which is the furthest Eastern point of Australia.

This is a crappy picture, but I want you to see the climb near the top. It's about 300 feet almost straight up. All there is to help you is that chain. No warning signs or steps, just start climbing. Not being a climber myself, I found this difficult but it didn't stop me. I hiked for 2 freaking hours to get here I wasn't about to turn around now!

Your reward. Facing West.Facing East.

I was completely warn out after this day. It took me four and a half hours up and back. But a wonderful park indeed. Oh, did I mention that it was free? Did I also mention that the only toilets are at the bottom? A great day out.

BTW I'm still in Nimbin and the Nimbin Rox YHA. I plan to be here until about June 10th (Friday). I love it here. It's so peaceful and quite. I'm also teaching myself Yoga and Tia Chi'. Both are helping me a great deal with my back and are great exercise.

Thanks for reading.



10 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you about the slow speed chase your ex neighbor chuck was in just after we talked on the phone. It should have been a police blotter for how funny it was....the sherrif had seen him parked on the sidewalk outside the horse shoe tav. He proceeded to drive slowly as cops followed behind, all the way to the hill just inside wilson creek canyon where he got stuck in the mud. They suspect he had been drinking and was in violation of his parole by having a weapon. Go figure.
Dale

 
At 6/05/2006 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bad boys, bad boys...What'cha gon' do?" Tonight on COPS!

 
At 6/05/2006 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now off to the westernmost point of Oz, yes?

 
At 6/06/2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Coho - My back is still ailing me. I'm seeing a chiropractor and he is concerned that I may get a hernated disc if I'm not careful. I will stay in Nimbin as long as I feel I need to. With that said I want to go to the easternmost point, Byron Bay, witch is about 100 KM from here.

 
At 6/09/2006 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! what a great place to be.
But didn't the name Mt. Warning
tell you anything about how hard
it would be. Hope your back is doing well after that.
Love ya!
Mary

 
At 6/13/2006 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you Thom??? Your fans are waiting with baited breath to see where your next adventures have taken you. Hope all is well and that you're seeing more neat stuff. You're missing big thunderstorms in Eburg which are keeping the hills green still.

Marla

 
At 6/13/2006 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom,
Got your message about the jazz festival...I will pass it on...great idea.
Dale

 
At 6/13/2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatz up? Come on we are bored to death. We need to hear about your adventures. Even if it is playing on rocks & sniffin flowers.
Q

 
At 6/13/2006 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting worried!!!!
Hope your o.k.
Love ya!
Mary

 
At 6/14/2006 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello All ~ Has anyone heard from Thom since his last post? Hope so! Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home