Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Quit!

After only a couple days on job training I realized that I really didn't want a job. I've had a job since I was 12 years old and I'm 38 now. I've got some money and I don't really need to work. At this point in my life all I really want to do is to do as a please when I please. I sold my house to go and wander about the world and until such comes that I might need to work to extend my, as they say here and Europe, holiday then I will work.

I felt like an absolute shit-head for saying that I would work for Chris and Loey and then saying "No sorry, but I really can't." They were very understanding, and even invited me over for dinner to their cabin. Such wonderful people. Their philosophy was that when you work with travelers we understand that their plans change as they need to and we have to work around them. At least I told them with plenty of time to make other arrangements for plan B or C.

My plan is to now go drink some beer and smoke a little cannabis. It's just past noon. Not a bad way to get the day going.

11 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good.

 
At 5/31/2006 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you...it certainly beats campaigning.....ride on dude...this week would have been the all ACDC show....tell all your aussie friends....
Dale

 
At 5/31/2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats- I envy you. You seem to be having such a great experiance.

Comet

 
At 6/01/2006 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My plan is to now go drink some beer and smoke a little cannabis. It's just past noon. Not a bad way to get the day going.

Great work if you can find it. Meanwhile back here in the workaday world I just got back from Denver; I was one (out of two) finalists for the job I mentioned a while back. Don't know how I feel about the interview, I would be equally unsurprised if I got the job or not. If I dont' get it I'll be disapointed, but certainly not discouraged. All that I learned from you in your recent travails has actually sunk in! Who would've ever thought I could be so mellow about something. Anyhoo, I really like Denver...A lot. It's like Portland with Eastern Washington weather. Who could ask for more. Keep us all posted. Looking forward to hanging out again. Doug

 
At 6/01/2006 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude,
I was doorbelling your old neighborhood and they are building a house next to your old one. I'll try to get a picture and send it to you....
Dale

 
At 6/02/2006 12:10 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Doug - Best of luck my friend.

Dale - If my old house is in the picture I don't want to see it. I kind of miss having an entire 4 bedroom house all to myself. In Nimbin I get a room with shared shower and toilets and kitchen. When I look back I can see how rich life really was for me. I'm thinking that simpler is better...Yurt.

 
At 6/02/2006 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Nimbin, yes.
But where to next, oh my droog and brother?
What new adventures and discoveries await the intrepid traveler?

 
At 6/02/2006 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a problem, I too wonder where Thom is off too next. Enjoy the local flora for me. Dale

 
At 6/02/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

I think that you should become a Jedi Knight while you're in Australia:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2218456.stm "Tuesday, 27 August, 2002, 07:29 GMT 08:29 UK Jedi 'religion' grows in Australia More than 70,000 people in Australia have declared that they are followers of the Jedi faith, the religion created by the Star Wars films."

 
At 6/03/2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that you have quit your job do you need donations for internet access? my goodness you are missed! isn't your blog the next best thing to a job? ;)

 
At 6/03/2006 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how nice to not need to work!
It sounds like you have met alot of nice people! Were else can you quit your job and still get a home cooked meal!!!
Love Ya!!
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home