Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

So Long Australia, Hello New Zealand!

I made it into Chistchurch just fine and am staying at a very homey and comfy hostel. This place just makes you want to eat cookies and milk.

For the first time I had to check "The One Bag" and was a little worried about it. I was only allowed 1 carryon and it could only weigh 7 Kg and "The One Bag" weighed in at a wopping 17 Kg. But my day pack weighed in at 5.5 Kg. That was just books and a sweater. Anyway, I had to check the bag but it made it to NZ just fine wher I rented a car from Hertz for $728 for 14 days so for $52 NZ (about $35 US) I gets me a really nice Toyota Corrola.

I have to go now and put on my shoes (you can't wear shoes inside in this hostel) and I'm going to go have dinner at a place called Dux de Lux in the City Center. Should be interesting.

7 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two people I know just Sold all they had and moved to Christchurch. He was teaching at Thorp and she worked as a secretary at the college...they were very excited....the country offered them citizenship....All ships entering NZ waters have to unload their nukes....safe travels.
Dale

 
At 6/29/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger coho said...

If I can't take my nukes, I'm not goin'. No siree-Bob.

I once bought a Corolla for a little more than $1728.

 
At 6/29/2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a rental corolla! See how far it will jump.

Comet

 
At 6/30/2006 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray new zealand! take a picture of some zeals for me.

 
At 7/01/2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are now in NZ.Were sure you will have a great time.how cold is it.
we love you be safe and warm.
Mom -Dad

 
At 7/01/2006 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are ya gonna be back in time to judge brews at this years county fair again? Or should I ask? Are we ever going to see you again?
Alan Moen, editor of Northwest Brewing News is going to join us.

Q

 
At 7/02/2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Mom - It's cold, but not as cold as winter gets back home. The highs are around 40-45 and the lows around 28-32.

Q - If I stick to when I'm supposed to land back in the States then yes. Otherwise, definately maybe. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home