Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Virus Ate My Photos

One of the problems with doing your internet on the road is that you must rely on internet cafe's and kiosks and not all of them allow you to upload information. I found a place that allowed me to upload some of my photos to this blog and while doing that a nasty virus got into the digital card for the camera and all of my photos have been deleted by this virus. Plus, get this, it's called "James'_Shin". At least that is what the .exe file says on it. But I think there is still a remote chance that some pictures may be saved, but it will have to wait until I get back home. So that was a major bummer to me. It also cost me another $300 for a new card for the camera and for the work they did at the camera place to try to salvage any pictures possible, but really only a few of the pictures that I had put onto my keychain drive servived. At least I still have the photos that I have uploaded to this site. Right blogger.com?!

Gotta go, I have to take some photos of Frans Josef glacier.

3 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To bad about your camera, I'm sure if we all knew how to get you money we would all pitch in. All love the photos, don't let it stop you from showing all. Mabe the down time was a great way for you to get well needed rest.
Love ya Mary

 
At 7/17/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger npod said...

Recently my brothers camera was stolen on the last day of 3 weeks in Hawaii! So he lost all his pics. Man all I can say is make back-ups...of course you've figured that out by now. Don't let it get you down. You've still got Thailand and Japan to go!

 
At 7/17/2006 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your camera Thom .
So much for the budget.
You have done well Thom with no mishaps this fare (I forgot about your bike Sorry )Please be safe.
Love you Thom
Mom -Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home