Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, August 21, 2006

Yokohama, Japan

Night time in Yokohama.


I made it to Yokohama, Japan after a very long and tiring 12 hours of constant travel, and less than 4 hours of sleep. It took 1 6.5 hour plane ride, then a 1 hour train, then a 40 minute train, then trying to figure out where the heck is the Exit to the train station. Yeah, you would think it would be easy to find, but it was all in Japanese. Luckily I found a couple of, who I think were, Japanese High School kids and asked them if they spoke English, and they used their finger and thumb to show a little. But they were great and even showed me right to my hotel. I was so tired I plopped down on the bed and took a nap almost instantly, then decided to go out and take in the evening.

Even though I was so exhausted, I had to at least walk around the block. I had not eaten in hours, so I found a soup place but could not even finish it, as my stomach was just not in for food, I guess, but I feel better now, but still physically worn out. I did not leave my hotel until 3:30 PM.

The Yokohama Bay Sheraton is by far the nicest place I have stayed on my entire trip. Marble bathrooms, room service, a consistantly hot shower, TV, and a stocked mini-fridge, plus conceirge service. I love it. It is costing me $122 a night, which is about $40 more than I have paid for any place to stay on this trip, but I am loving the comfort and I can afford it at this stage, so I will stay another 2 nights. Heh heh.

Outside my window at the Sheraton

I have been getting really homesick lately, as traveling in countries where English is not the first language makes it tough to get around. But I know that I only have less than 3 weeks left on this, almost, 6 month journey and I am in one of the countries that I have always wanted to visit and now is my chance. So I will do some site seeing around Yokohama, then move on. I have an internet friend who is willing to put me up for a couple of nights in Kobe. I look forward to that.

6 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pick me up soime tires while there. I loved the high performance Yokohama's I had on the Lexus.

Comet

 
At 8/21/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger npod said...

What a crazy view! Glad you made it. Try not to think of home too much. You'r in a super-mega-happy-fun-place (as the japanese would say) Keep an eye out for Mister Sparkle! Party on Wayne...

 
At 8/21/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger coho said...

Don't get eaten by any of the huge monsters which periodically rampage through the larger cities, that would suck.

Vote Hubbard!

 
At 8/21/2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure not too use your incredible size to intimidate the japanese. Show them how well you can hold chop sticks....do they call them chop sticks? Or is this another stupid American thing. Where's the water in the photo.....looks like city on city....your cigars miss you. But no one else does.......not true...When you get home...your head will still be large...but compared to everyone else....you'll just be a regular guy....say hi to Daiske....

 
At 8/21/2006 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like pretty flat ground.
And what is this about your 4 readers? I read every one and can't wait for the next. The other 4 just have big mouths and always know what to say( Just joking )I love ya all your great for my little bro.
Can't wait to see you! your looking good!!And so sexy in that apron.
Love ya Mary

 
At 8/23/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Thom said...

-They call them chopsticks.

-Water? In which picture? I hope you are talking about the Koh Samui beach picture.

-Mary . You ought to see me in a smock. grrrooowwwlll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home