Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, October 23, 2006

Next?

I've been hanging out in Ellensburg with Dale, Steph, and Fred-the-dog. I also got to see more of my very good friends back there. I even found myself wanting to get back to putting roots in Ellensburg, but also caught myself getting back into being
the same Thom I was before I left (I'm not really sure what that means) and I didn't like it. I love Ellensburg, and I love all of my friends there, but I know that I must move on.

Not Fred

As I sit and meditate on where to go, I like the idea of NOT working for as long as possible. Comet had a great idea; to visit as many cigarbid.com folks as I can. I've met several, including Brian and James in Japan, and I could do a motorcycle tour of the southern U.S. for the winter. That sounds just crazy enough to do it.

I type this in Seaside, OR. and I am contemplating what to do next. Do I settle somewhere? Should I just start heading South for the winter? Maybe I should go back to school? Dr. Kokenge sounds good, even though I would have a doctorate in media or communications. Go back to one of the countries that I visited and work there? It is spring time in New Zealand and Australia.

Harold

Many people have told me to go back to Japan. The big negative about Japan is that EVERYTHING is so small. But it also has a lot of pluses; a job teaching English, cute single girls e v e r y w h e r e and great food. But there I go trying to talk myself into something that my gut says no to.

13 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Oberon said...

......what have you been doing in thailand?

 
At 10/23/2006 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are begining to enjoy this easy life.Be careful you may want to keep it that way.
Knowing you I feel you will soon
settle some'where.
Love you
Mom

 
At 10/23/2006 10:40 PM, Blogger coho said...

Wouldn't it be cool to do something you love and pay the rent, too?

It can be done.

Today's security word is: cosyxm

 
At 10/24/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Go to Japan. Go, go!

 
At 10/24/2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thom,
Great picture of Sully. And a great picture of one of the neatest human beings I know, Harold. Glad you came home...sorry to hear that you can't go back. I've always been so at home here. safe travels bro.
Dale

 
At 10/24/2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU SAID
"also caught myself getting back into being the same Thom I was before I left (I'm not really sure what that means) and I didn't like it."
So, what does that tell you?
I think your guts need a laxative.
Relax & get your resumes out in radio land ( even Japan )& see if something comes your way. Why not?
Ya don't wanna be a slacker all your life, LOL, just kidding about the slacker thing.
Q

 
At 10/24/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger npod said...

I agree with anonymous about sending your resume to radioland even Japan or Budapest? Sure take your time...as much as you like, but you better do it eventually or else I'll reach through this computer screen and slap you! You don't have to listen to us only yourself. You already know what you want.

 
At 10/24/2006 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is that Devi dog?
It was good to see you last weekend, Thom. Hope you figure it all out.
Take care,
Marla

 
At 10/24/2006 5:59 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Oberon - see late July and August blogs herein.

Mom - of course I want to keep it that way. Who doesn't?

Coho - Yes and I hope I can respect my next employer at the end of the day as well.

Dale - Don't read too much in the Ellensburg comment. Ellensburg is home to me and probably always will be.

Q - ecks-act-lee

Noah - Bring it, homey.

Annie - Hello... My name is Thom. Let's be friends.

Marla - Yeppers. The Devil dog as herself.

 
At 10/25/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Annie said...

OK

 
At 10/25/2006 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom,

Not to beat a dead horse but I have found that you can force yourself to do something your gut doesn't agree with, but not for long. And it generally ends badly. The problem seems to be that your gut wants to live the lifestyles of the rich and famous without actually being rich or famous. I am sure the opportunity you are looking for will come up, but you’ll need to put some kind of effort out or be willing to accept something less than your dream. And from my experience dream situations rarely land in your lap at the last minute. They are something you have to make small steps toward.

Comet

 
At 10/25/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Your gut may be your INTUITION -- your Buddha nature or a reflection of GOD.

Are you ready for this internal guidance to give more than "+" and "-" answers? (From Yin and Yang come the 10,000 things!)

If not, never mind, for now.

 
At 10/25/2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Comet - That is my thinking right now. Where do begin and where to end?

David - You will always think on a deeper level than I.

Thank you both for your valuable input.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home