Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Target Aquired

I've been hanging out in Ellensburg with my good friends the Stone's and they have been most gracious to me. Allowing me to stay with them for a week. I don't know how I will repay them. Truly good friends and great people. Plus it's fun to get Robert started on a political discussion.



I have spent a lot of time re-writing my resume and it is almost done. I sent it out to many friends and I got a lot of great feedback from them. I hope to start sending it out this week. I will be pushing for a job at an NPR station. Doing whatever they need done. As soon as I am given an opportunity at a station they won't know what hit 'em. I will be all over it!

If you don't know, NPR (National Public Radio) is fantastic radio and is an organization that is at the top of its game right now and I would be ecstatic to be associated with them.


On another note, I have been noticing that there are several people who check my blog daily and many new readers too. This is great and it gives me a great feeling of pride to know that people are interested enough in what I have to say through this medium that they choose to check it daily. Therein lies the rub.

I would like to post more stuff more often, but I want to post things that are topical and relevant and not just talking about what I put on my toast this morning. But I also know that keeping at least some type of consistent posting will keep more readers (whoever they might be, Hi Mom) coming back more often and I like that.

Fall color in Ellensburg

I will be packing up yet again and be heading to my brother Scott's house in Moxee for a few days. I haven't seen him or his family since I returned from my journey, which seems like yesterday, and I look forward to telling some stories and sharing my experiences.

A sculpture in Yokohama made out of transport containers

Plus making up a few tall tales about how I saved the entire country of Japan from a giant lizard that breathed fire. It's true. I did!

4 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger coho said...

I get to be the Turks this time, Steve, you and Thom can fight it out for He-Man and the Boy Scouts.

Thom, I saw you with that fire-belching lizard on CNN, it was quite impressive. I never would have thought that you could get your mouth open that far.

 
At 11/06/2006 9:48 PM, Blogger npod said...

Best post ever. Glad to hear you're goin' for it!

 
At 11/07/2006 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its real good to here positive things. I won't worry so much anymore about your state of mind.Keep you chin high(no we don't want to see up your nose.)!!Good luck. By the way, Are you afraid of the big bad prince?
Hope thats not why your staying at Scott &B's. Just joking. But you are always wecome.
Love Ya Mary

 
At 11/08/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Steve - I love the boat game.

Coho - I'm going into radio, of course I have a big mouth.

Noah - Thanks.

Mary - The fact that that evil little dog is called prince is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home