Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Been Chillin' in Moxee(co)

There is a lot to be said for the small town life. Not a lot of traffic, you know your
neighbors, and it's easy to get into the community. Scott and Brenda have a really nice home in a lovely area. Cats come in and out and they are really easy going people. I have felt VERY much at home here. They feed me, give me a room and treat me, well, like family. I can not thank them enough.


Scott and Brenda's home.

In other news I decided to apply for a job at Macy's. Yes that Macy's. I went to a "cattle call" type of an interview today with about 10 or so other people. Most of the peoople in there were really young, in their early twenties. One woman there was saying how she was still working at her first job at Taco Time and wanted to move into something better than fast food. Good for her. But I'm looking for a job too honey and I got you trumped on experience, education, and nick names.

Somewhere on the highway to Port Macquary Australia

In the mass interview I did fine, only the generic "why do you want to work here?" "Can you tell a story how you helped a cusotmer?" I even got a nickname "Mr. Tom". The woman in charge of it, Teresa, would ask a question to the group and she would get to me and say "Okay and how about you Mr. Tom?" Heh, heh. By the end of the meeting everyone knew my name. So I am expecting to get a call back and then a job. Honestly I think that the only way that I would not get a job there is if I puke on the interviewer. I could be wrong, but if my competition was in that room then my chances are very good.

The Western side of the South Island, New Zealand

I had called my very good friend Comet while I was somewhere on my
journey and he said, I've been keeping up with your blog and it sounds like you are having the time of your life. I said to him, you know I am having a lot of fun, but I am living this every day and so it is hard to see how much fun I am having while I am having it. Suddenly I am no longer living it and now I see how much fun I was having. I can see this now as I am about to start a job and honestly I don't really want it because this will mean that I will have change my whole way of living. From going where I want to go when I want to go there, to having to get a place to live and have to be at a certain place at a certain time on there schedule. Plus I haven't had a job in almost a year and been having fun since April of this year. My life has been just chuck full of Reality Checks lately.

The lovely "Susie" at the market in Chiang Mai, she is a teacher from the Thai Cookery School

4 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BROTHER THOM I SAW YOUR BLOG AND I SEE YOU MAY HAVE A JOB COMING UP IF YOU NEED A PLACE TO LIVE TEMPORARILY WE MAY HAVE A SPOT FOR YOU MY RENTAL IS OPEN AS OF THE FIRST OF DEC BUT WE ARE THINKING OF SELLING IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAY THERE TILL IT SELLS FOR SMALL RENT IF YOURE INTERESTED CALL US OR LETS MEET FOR A COLD ONE AND GLAD TO SEE YOU HOME SAFE AND SOUND DOUG & DIANE AS YOU CAN TELL DOUG WROTE THIS 5750213

 
At 11/14/2006 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you're already in the process of changing how you live, change it to one where you get to travel and do other entertaining things in addition to working (at a job you enjoy).

Yes you can.

Reality is what you make of it.

 
At 11/15/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger npod said...

If you go on unemployment you are required to show proof to the feds that you have applied to at least five jobs each week. I'm not suggesting you do that, just contributing to the reality check. How many radio jobs have you applied to this month? Condescending tone not intended. If you are a study abroad coordinator you get to travel lots of places. Most colleges have that kind of job. I know a person who does that and loves it. Perhaps there's a job in radio that travels around the world to talk to other radio stations. NPR must have something like that. I'm constantly hearing news stories/interviews from all over the world on that station. Peace and funkiness!

 
At 11/16/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Doug - Let's talk my brotha.

Coho - It looks like the current adminstration has gotten to you. No one knows their reality.

i10d2bs - You said bang. huh huh huh

Noah - Not enough. I need to re-do my audio resume. It's needs updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home