Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Like Sand Through An Hourglass

I can't believe that a year has already gone by since I sold my house and went on a wonderful journey. I still think a lot about that trip and how I have changed because of it. When I first returned to "the States" I met with my friend David (Hi David), and we got on the topic of
how I may have changed due to my journey and he commented "Your silences."


I catch myself more often delaying my own words to let others speak theirs. I think this change came from conversing with people who do not speak English very well and allowing them time to search for a word or to communicate in a different way as needed. It has proven to work very well in interviews. I let the interviewer speak as much as they like while I ask questions and only offer bits of information about my professional self as it may relate to the job or the topic of discussion. It's a good thing.

Since Elise has been back from her trip to Greece we have talked a lot about where in the world we would like to go together.
Isn't she beautiful?

She, of course, would love to go back to Greece. I would love to go there too, but there are so many countries and I would rather see some place new. However, my first goal is to get back to working in radio, and not just any radio gig either.

I have done quite a bit of soul searching, and have been listening to Anthony Robbins (thanks Noah) (who is a great motivational speaker but some of his philosophies are, well, just that,
but I like his style anyway) and have decided on a career of being "The Voice Guy." Radio is a passion, yes, and I would so verrry much love to work for an NPR affiliate and I really want the job that I applied for at NWPR, but overall I would really dig being the voice in video games, or commercials, or documentaries, or wherever a "voice guy" is needed. I have also thought about being a reporter and it still has some appeal to me because I question everything, just ask my Mom or my co-workers at my last job. But I can seriously envision myself making a living by using my voice. It won't be easy, because there's a big crowd out there but I will make it happen.

On another note, I again want to publicly thank -profusely- my Sister Sue and her Husband Randy for letting my stay at their place for, what now, 3 months? Jeeze. Thank you so very, very, much. Just know that you are helping me to achieve what many people only wish they could do. I only hope that I can get a full time NPR job (hint, hint you folks at NWPR. I dream of that job you know!) before I am obliged to move on.

Since I haven't even gotten an interview for a full time radio position *sigh* I have applied for and have
gotten interviews for a full time computer gig back up in Ellensburg, and for a different FT job within Macy's. The way I'm thinking, thanks to my financial consultant (Hi Ben), if my next job is not the "dream job" or one that might get me closer to it, then have the next job be for money and continue the search.

But to close up, I am well, Dazey is well, my folks are as fine as could be expected, my brothers and sisters are doing good, Elise is great - it is so nice to have her back - and my Auntie Anna,
Isn't she beautiful too?

who, at the age of 89, has had several strokes and is not eating well (she has a hard time swallowing solid food so must eat mushy stuff and she hates it), and is staying in a nursing home, needs some positive thoughts, prayers, and a big bowl of ice cream. I feel she is not long for this world. She has treated all of us kids so very well and with much love and care. I love her and hope that she gets back to living instead of getting ready to pass on. If you are reading this and you haven't visited Auntie Anna you better do it now, before you reget not.

3 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Thom said...

Dude! I'd love to meet up withca. Check your e-mail.

 
At 3/28/2007 12:42 PM, Blogger npod said...

Great post! Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way. Good Luck!

-Noah

 
At 3/28/2007 4:32 PM, Blogger coho said...

David is right.

PS. Since it's been a year, maybe you oughta update your sidebar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home