Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Friday, April 06, 2007

One Year Ago Today


Holy shit. I can't believe that it was a full year ago that I left the main land for Hawaii to begin a grand journey. I'm all full of memories and nostalgia and a little bit teary eyed. I sacrificed so much to do what I did and here I am sacrificing some more to do what I think is the right thing for me. It sounds selfish, and I guess it really is but if you ever have the chance to toss everything to the wind and go on, as the Aboriginals of Australia call it, a walkabout. GO FOR IT! Just grab life by the horns and hold on. Life and the world are both good things. Carpe Diem. Seize The Day.


2 Comments:

At 4/07/2007 9:53 AM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Thoreau said:
As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation.

But also said:
Undoubtedly the very tedium and ennui which presume to have exhausted the variety and the joys of life are as old as Adam. But man's capacities have never been measured; nor are we to judge of what he can do by any precedents, so little has been tried. Whatever have been thy failures hitherto, "be not afflicted, my child, for who shall assign to thee what thou hast left undone?"

 
At 4/08/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger coho said...

Following David and (Henry David) in the comment queue...no pressure.

I'm not going to try to match their eloquence, but simply remind you that it's far from selfish to sacrifice a comfortable rut in order to better yourself. You could have just gotten another geek job, kept the house in E'burg and been perfectly content. Most people would have. Most people would probably not have realized that they even had another choice.

Go, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home