Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Got My Shots Today

Let's see here, I got one for Polio (ouch), one for Hepatitis A (ouch) and I have to have another after 6 months but no longer than a year, one for Hepatitis B (ouch) and these shots are in a series, one now then one for the next 3 weeks (future ouches), one for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, (big OUCH, that one really hurt). Plus I got lots of drugs.

Diarrhea is almost certain for travelers. The good Dr. Bracchi told me the best way to get rid of diarrhea is to take Immodiam AD (an excellent over the counter drug) plus 2, 750 mg of Ciprofloxin once and 1 tablet of Azithromycin (really expensive) once and this will make any bout of diarrhea a 6 to 8 hour ordeal instead of a 2 to 3 day ordeal.



I was also subscribed Doxycycline Hyclate for Malaria. This lovely green pill must be
taken 1 day before you enter into any area where Malaria is active, which is most of the Pacific Rim; New Guinea, Thailand, etc. in other words most of the places I'll probably visit, and then it must be continuously taken while in that area and then for 28 days after leaving a Malaria zone. Here's the great part about this drug, it only stops the Malaria virus from multiplying in your body. Basically health "officials" believe that you will get Malaria this is just to keep it from spreading in your body. Isn't that niiiiice... Couldn't I just take some Asprin and drink a beer? It worked throughout college.

1 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 12:29 AM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Doxycycline.

Now that's a name that I haven't heard for a long, long time.

It's also used in the treatment for certain types of venerial diseases, so it may have an added bonus for certain types of American travelers in 'the golden triangle'.

I hear that it also gets rid of some ulcers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home