Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stress Is Fun

Jesus-H-Flipping-Christ I slept like shit last night. I think I got maybe 4 hours of sleepy time. Hellooo... Mr. Sandman! Thom needs some sleep.

Selling a home or buying a home is stressful, but doing it yourself is even more stressful because you don't have a Real Estate Agent to get advice from or push your stress onto. I was stressing out about how to handle this ordeal with the buyer wanting four-fucking-grand for "repairs". It's an 80 year old house dude, live with it. At least that's what I want to say. I am having a whole new appreciation for people in the sales business or who negotiate things for a living, like Real Estate Agents. I'm having a hard time seeing the "fun" of negotiations, but I definitely see the value in knowing how to do it and do it well.

And another thing. Did you know that it is next to impossible to get home owners insurance if your home has, what is know as, "knob and tube" electrical wiring? Seriously, there are people out there with some horror stories about not being able to get home owners' insurance. I think it's another racket.


I am discovering that the insurance industry is a huge racket. They put a premium on a home, a car, a life, and then they decide what worth it has to the rest of society. Here's to you Mr. & Mrs. Insurance Companies!

2 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insurance is like gambling, the odds are heavily in favor of the house.

With life insurance they're betting that you'll live long enough to pay in more than they'll pay out.

But if you die young, you win!

 
At 3/06/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger David Stephen Ball-Romney said...

Insurance companies should have a cap on allowable profits, and the excess should go to a fund that prevents them from going bankrupt when they pay out too much.

Of course, I don't think that corporations should be allowed to lobby those sphincter sucking politicians who perpetuate the laws that allow insurance companies and others like them to shit into the punch bowl of our economy.

It's ironic that 'Communist' countries often seem to function in the manner that would resemble what would happen if a big corporation took over.

Do you have any suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home