Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Negotiations Completed!
















We settled on a price for all the "issues" that the home inspector found (*read with a sneer* thank you His). But mostly thank GOD! that is over with. Let me tell you something (as if I haven't been telling you something already), that was the most stressful time ever in my life and I waited 38 years to get there. I guess that ain't so bad.

Here's the play by play: I told him I would split the amount of money that he thought he should get for needed repairs (four-grand). He replied with I gotta have at least 3/4 of that money to fix the wiring in the home and that's my final offer. So now there is a mere $1500 between us. Either I give or he gives. So I talked it over with family and friends. The piece of advice I took from brother Scott. He said, well are you going to let $1500 stand between selling the house now and going through this again? So I gave.

By the way, I'm making an absolute killing on this deal. But the nagging question is could have I gotten a better deal with a Real Estate Agent? That was really my bottom line. If I sold my house for X then an agent would have gotten Y and I would have gotten a hell of a lot less money in my pocket. So overall, I'm pleased with the deal but not ecstatic. Right now I'm just really really really really happy that the big stress is over. Now I'm on to a new stress. Trying to fit all my stuff into a 10' x 10' storage unit.

The cool thing is that I think I'm going to be able to do it. I see what I'm taking, and although these are spread throughout the house I can picture how much space I've got. I taped off a 10' x 10' section in my living room and that's the staging area. The only big things that I'm taking are my couch, the bed, 3 chairs, and the dining table. Where is a shrinking ray when you need one?

Next up; "Things I Learned By Selling My Own Home"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home