Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Monday, March 20, 2006

11 Days and Counting

I only have 11 days left to live in my home. Then I will be homeless and jobless and soon after that in another state and then another country. I'm getting really excited now. All that's left to do is make sure that everything that I want to sell is ready to sell and put on a yard sale this weekend. That is going to be very interesting and full of flaky people wanting to haggle with me for a dollar off my belongings. I'm doing my best to pare down from a 4 bedroom house to a 10 by 10 storage unit and one lone carry-on.

Last night I put everything that I plan to take with me on my trip into the one bag and found that it is very full and heavy. I bet it weighs in at around 35 pounds. But when you consider that this bag will keep all of the items that I will need for a months long journey I don't think that it's too much of a load. I actually think I'm going to be getting rid of some of the stuff along the way. I still need room for other things like gifts from Ellensburg and things I'd like to take home with me.

Anything that won't fit I'll have to send to my parents house. My Mom and Dad would like to see new and interesting things come to them in the mail from far away places.

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am.

Enjoying the blog.

Ryan

 
At 3/21/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Thom said...

Thanks for reading. I've been enjoying yours too.

Thom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home