Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Friday, March 24, 2006

7...


Good for you.

Ever since I made the decision to sell my house and go for a long journey I've heard nothing but positive comments (except for few but they were looking out for me). If it is something that you might consider I highly recommend it. There is something very freeing about looking at your house full of shit and saying "What won't fit into a 10 x 10 storage unit is gone."

It was also good to read/hear that I am not the only lunatic out there who has lost or quit their job, sold the house, and is taking off for parts unknown. If I can do it, then you can do it. I did it on my own (no wife or girlfriend) with much much support from family and friends who have been invaluable to me through this whole process. Do it.


I'm also learning that many travelers or "backpackers" can live very frugally. I was just chatting with an online acquaintance (hi gonorth!) regarding how much it would cost a day, on the cheap, to travel in Australia and New Zealand. He says that it can be done for as little as $40 a day if you don't eat out at restaurants but instead cook your own food and eat fruits and veg, and loaf of bread will last quite a while with a jar of vegimite or peanut butter. I don't know if I want to travel
that cheaply, but it's good to know that I could travel that cheaply if I choose to.


Quote of the day:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Frodo Baggins from LOTR movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home