Reality Check

Is this reality on? Check, check, one... two... Can you hear me in the back okay?

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Quest For Why

So here's the thing.  I'm attempting some new habits that I hope will help me to grow in my life and that will maybe bring in some extra income.  But it all comes from a place of love.  Seriously.  I am working on moving my life toward one where I do not need to work FOR someone, but work WITH others, whom I choose.  We'll see if there is any money in that, which of course there will be... right?  Let's hope.
From X-mas 2013.  Elise, Thom, Coho (l to r)

I recently watched a TedTalk about starting with why.  This got me to thinking not only about why I do what I do for a job/career, but also why not?  This is always the most dangerous question.  Because when you start asking why, you start looking for the answer to the question.  Why would I even want to change what I'm doing?  I'm happy, fairly healthy.  I do have some nagging health issues but nothing debilitating.  I get good, make that excellent, benefits from my job so why change?  I guess it comes down to wanting to do what I want to do with only answering to myself for my actions.  Fuck.  That sounds so self absorbed.  But when you look at this question and yourself in such a light, it, I suppose, becomes a little introspective.

I just saw something on my Facebook about entrepreneurs; someone who is willing to work 100 hours a week for themselves so they don't have to work 40 for someone else.  At this stage in my life I see this as a very appealing way to live and make a living.  I am getting lots of inspiration form different sources all over the internet.  It basically comes down to, if you have enough drive and a product that people want, then you can make a go of it.  It will never be easy and that's why most people work for someone else because they want the easy and don't want the hard part of running it all.  This is why I want to do it.  I want to run it all.  Oh, shit, I just said it... out loud... on the internet.

When I'm running it all I'll let you know.  Oh, I'll let you know.

Time for some visualization.

Thom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home